Del Ray has a unique artistic vibe and community-oriented atmosphere. The neighborhood features an assortment of specialty food shops, restaurants, art galleries, yoga studios, coffee houses as well as small offices. The southern portion of Del Ray is served by the Braddock Road Metrorail station, while the northern portion of Del Ray will be served by the planned Potomac Yard station (expected to open March 2022).
- Del Ray features successful Alexandria-based businesses and has a very strong community push to support local and independently owned small businesses. Small businesses of all types, including retail, restaurants, professional and business services, thrive within Del Ray.
- The City of Alexandria has started an update to the two Mount Vernon Avenue Plans that covers Del Ray and the adjacent neighborhood of Arlandria. The goal of these plans is to maintain and grow economic activity, while protecting the uniqueness of the communities. The update addresses:
- Business District sustainability and competitiveness;
- Updates to guidelines for redevelopment sites;
- Pedestrian safety and accessibility;
- Historic preservation priorities, and
- Equity in the provision of services and infrastructure.
Organizations for Businesses & Networking
And be part of the Del Ray Neighborhood