(National Landing South)
Encompassing North Potomac Yard in Alexandria, Crystal City and the eastern portion of Pentagon City in Arlington, National Landing made its debut in November 2018 when both Amazon HQ2 and Virginia Tech’s Innovation Campus announced that they would make the newly branded area their home. The area has undergone significant growth in the past decade and has been approved for additional development that will transform it into a modern mixed-use, transit-oriented community, including the future Potomac Yard Metrorail station.
- Virginia Tech has planned a $1 billion Innovation Campus. Development of the Innovation Campus and North Potomac Yard will proceed over the next 10 years, resulting in a 65-acre mixed use development. The campus will be home to graduate level students pursuing degrees in computer science and computer engineering. In addition to academic classrooms, the campus will include an estimated 250,000 SF of partner space for startups and corporate facilities
- A new Potomac Yard Metrorail Station along the Blue and Yellow Line is expected to open March 2022.
- Inova Health System and Stonebridge recently announced an agreement to construct an Inova HealthPlex within the Oakville Triangle redevelopment site. Stonebridge is proposing a mixed-use development with ground floor neighborhood-serving retail and a mix of residential buildings from townhouses to multi-family buildings.
- The area includes the Metroway, a bus rapid transit line operating between the City of Alexandria and Arlington County.
- Proximity to local trail system, including the 15-mile long Mount Vernon Trail and the Potomac Yard Trail, a 2.1-mile trail that runs from the Braddock Road Metro Station north along Potomac Ave to connect with the Four Mile Run Trail. This trail features exercise equipment, basketball courts, tennis courts, and numerous playgrounds.
And be part of the Potomac Yard Neighborhood