In the News
Highlighting news featuring businesses in Alexandria and events around the City each week- whether you are starting a business in Alexandria, or are already part of our community, stay on top of local economic development interest items here!
EACH MONTH, CHECK OUT “GROWING IN ALEXANDRIA,” AN AEDP BLOG SERIES THAT FOCUSES ON BUSINESSES AROUND THE CITY.
Educational technology (or ed-tech) is a growing industry sector in Alexandria, and Signal Vine is part of that movement. The Alexandria-based company is the leading Artificial Intelligence (AI)-powered messaging platform transforming how higher education leaders reach, support, and engage students. We sat down with Jeff Mutimer, Chief Growth Officer, to learn more. Check it out today on the blog!
REAL ESTATE & DEVELOPMENT
- A pedestrian-only block in Alexandria may become a reality this spring – Greater Greater Washington
- Alexandria Housing Development Corp. buys Avana Apartments for $106M – Virginia Business
- How buses will become the backbone of Amazon HQ2 in Northern Virginia – WUSA9
- AHDC closes on 326-unit apartment community with new housing funds, commits to long-term affordability – Alexandria Housing Development Corporation
- Architects selected for Potomac Yard overhaul, Virginia Tech campus – Washington Business Journal
- Virginia Tech Selects SmithGroup to Design First Academic Buildling for Innovation Campus – Virginia Tech
- Va. Tech selects architecture firm for first Innovation Campus building – Virginia Business
- Washington, DC, Renters Want New Apartments, and Developers Are Happy to Oblige – CoStar
ECONOMY & COMMUNITY
- Virginia Tech Innovation Campus’ new director on working with Amazon, hiring top talent – Washington Business Journal
- What is the D.C. region’s biggest economic challenge for 2020? One expert weighs in. – Washington Business Journal
- This street in Old Town Alexandria may become ‘pedestrian-only’ on weekends – WUSA9
- Governor Northam Launches Virginia Local Government Exchange Program – Virginia Governor’s Office
- N. Va. could win back millions in transportation funding from state lawmakers. But is it enough? – Washington Business Journal
- Northern Virginia’s new marketing effort aims to lure and retain young tech talent – Washington Post
BUSINESS & RETAIL
- Sisters Thai Coming to Old Town North in May – ALX Now
- Yagut St. Paves the Way for Coffee, Treats – Alexandria Gazette [Page 13]
- The Loop’ Co-Working, Cafe and Gym to Open in April – Alexandria Living