Carlyle – Eisenhower Valley
The Carlyle and Eisenhower Valley area has a multitude of existing businesses, residences, restaurants, and retail with over 5M square feet of additional development opportunities. These neighborhoods are home to two large federal agencies; the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and the National Science Foundation. Wegmans (grocery store currently under construction) is planned to anchor a 1M SF project that will include over 750 residential units and 210K SF of retail space as part of a transit-oriented development. The area is served by the Eisenhower Avenue and King Street Metro stations, which are on the Blue and Yellow lines of the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) Metrorail system.
- Both the Eisenhower East Small Area Plan and the Eisenhower West Small Area Plan will provide increased vitality to the neighborhood, including:
- Additional major office/institutional, retail, residential, spaces;
- An added public school along with additional community facilities;
- Additional outdoor spaces and access to the Metrorail stations.
- The Washington Metropolitan Area Transportation Authority (WMATA) will soon open a new regional headquarters office in Alexandria. The new 14-story building will be a dynamic addition to the Eisenhower and Carlyle neighborhood.
- Stonebridge recently broke ground on a 1M SF mixed-use project which is expected to be delivered in late 2021 called Carlyle Crossing. It is planned to include over 750 residential units and 210K SF of retail space anchored by a Wegmans grocery store.
Organizations For Businesses & Networking
- The National Science Foundation (NSF) moved its headquarters to Hoffman Town Center in 2017. Since the move, the NSF has been thriving in Carlyle – Eisenhower.
- The Garden by Building Momentum, a makerspace, event, and training facility that is a partner for companies large and small and an element of Alexandria’s Innovation ecosystem.
- Please check out our business highlight – Growing in ALX – Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives
- These notable businesses and companies call Carlyle – Eisenhower home: