QUEEN STREET CORRIDOR GRANTS
Community-serving businesses located in the Queen Street Corridor can apply for grants of up to $5,000. As part of the program, you’ll also be connected to business counselors provided free of charge by the Alexandria Economic Development Partnership.
Applications will be open through Monday, October 18 at 5:00 p.m.
Any business applying to the program must be:
- Licensed in the City of Alexandria
- Located within the designated Queen Street corridor (see map below), defined as N. Columbus Street to N. West Street (East to West) and Cameron Street to Oronoco Street (South to North).
- A for-profit small business defined as a Retail Shop, Restaurant, Personal Service (i.e., barbers, salons, etc.), Repair Service, Contractor (i.e., handyman, carpenter, etc.) or Medical Office, OR any entity (for-profit or nonprofit) that provides full-day or part-day childcare services to children 0-13 years of age and is licensed or regulated by a local ordinance or state licensing body
- Current on all local business taxes or on a payment plan with the City
- Not currently involved in business bankruptcy proceedings
- Between 0 – 100 employees
- Locally owned and operated
Grants will be a one-time payment and can be used for:
- Business Operations – includes ongoing and/or deferred rent and utility payments.
- Business Resiliency – investments to support the long-term profitability of the business in the areas of:
- Marketing & Promotion – professional services related to the development and implementation of marketing strategies to attract customers through increased brand awareness.
- Technology Enhancements – the purchase of technology to facilitate e-commerce and/or vital business operations.
- Professional Services / Business Consultants – to procure services to assist with business planning, operations, and other business needs (i.e., accountants, lawyers, etc.).
- Equipment Replacement & PPE – the replacement and/or upgrading of business equipment, including the purchase of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Interior Space Improvements – includes furniture and fixtures and professional services related to the design and construction/alteration of the business’s built environment, as well as the actual costs for alterations.
Grant funds must be spent before December 31, 2021.
Grant funds may not be used for:
- Payroll expenses, and
- Local, state, or federal taxes.
Applications will be open through Monday, October 18, 2021 at 5:00 p.m.
All applications must be completed online and in English. Because applications cannot be saved and continued later, applicants are encouraged to gather the following information before beginning the application:
- Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) or Social Security Number (SSN) associated with the business
- City of Alexandria Business Professional and Occupational License (BPOL) Account Number
- State Subsidy Vendor ID Number (if applying as a childcare provider)
All applicants will receive an automated email when their application is submitted. If you do not receive the email, please contact AEDP by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. AEDP will provide general program updates by email as needed during the review process.