Alexandria Back to Business Grants
The Alexandria Back to Business (B2B) grant program is a partnership of the AEDP and City of Alexandria that aims to accelerate the recovery and profitability of small businesses in Alexandria, Virginia that have been negatively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. The program is open to small businesses with 2-100 employees that demonstrate they have experienced revenue loss of 25% or more due directly to COVID-19 and will be able to recover and remain sustainable.
Grants will be provided in three amounts based on the business’s number of employees:
- 2-24 employees – $10,000
- 25-49 employees – $15,000
- 50-100 employees – $20,000
Alexandria B2B Grants must be used to offset costs and/or investments related to reopening a business. Acceptable uses for the grant include the purchase of:
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Other equipment and supplies to promote health and safety
- Technology to facilitate e-commerce and/or virtual business operations
- Professional services related to the design and construction/alteration of the built environment necessary to promote physical and social distancing, as well as the actual costs for alterations
- Initial cleaning and disinfection services prior to reopening
- Rent or mortgage costs required to be made in order to reopen/restart
It is anticipated that the number of applicants will exceed the total funding currently available.
ALX B2B Grant Handouts
ALX B2B Frequently Asked QUestions
Business Reopening Info
As Northern Virginia, including the City of Alexandria, moves out of Phase Zero and into subsequent Phases of the Forward Virginia plan, AEDP will provide updated information on State and Local procedures and processes.