In the News
Highlighting news featuring businesses in Alexandria and events around the City each week- whether you are starting a business in Alexandria, or are already part of our community, stay on top of local economic development interest items here!
EACH MONTH, CHECK OUT “GROWING IN ALEXANDRIA,” AN AEDP BLOG SERIES THAT FOCUSES ON BUSINESSES AROUND THE CITY.
If you’ve browsed your way up King St. in the past 25 years, chances are you’ve seen a captivating boutique called Ten Thousand Villages… but did you know it’s actually a non-profit? Our next interview saw us sitting down with Kate McMahon, Managing Director, to learn more. Check it out today on the blog!
REAL ESTATE & DEVELOPMENT
- PRP Plans $81M Office-to-Residential Conversion in Alexandria, Virginia – Rebuiness Online
- For affordable housing purchase, Alexandria pulls from two Amazon-inspired funding sources – Washington Business Journal
- Alexandria Seaport Foundation Proposes a Second Building Along Alexandria Waterfront – Alexandria Living Magazine
- City Mulls Making Proposed Pedestrian-Only King Street Permanent – ALX Now
ECONOMY & COMMUNITY
- Here’s how much your commute to HQ2 might cost — depending on where you live and your mode of choice – Washington Business Journal
- Metrorail ridership trended up in 2019, but bus numbers continue to fall – Washington Business Journal
- DC-area school districts will soon have electric school buses – WTOP
- United launching hourly weekday flights between Reagan National and Newark – Washington Business Journal
- Capitol Post Passes Mission to SBDC – Alexandria Living Magazine
BUSINESS & RETAIL
- LandDesign acquires D.C.-area engineering and landscape architecture firm – Washington Business Journal
- Austin Startup Merges with Resilience360 and Lands $22M Funding – American Inno
- Thai Eatery and Bar to Replace Geranio Ristorante in Old Town – ALX Now
- Misha’s Coffee Waterfront Location to Open This Spring – Alexandria Living Magazine
- Sushi Jin coming to West Alex development – Alexandria Times [Page 4]
- Alexandria is getting a location of this regional sushi chain – Washington Business Journal
- New Southern-Style Chicken Sandwich Eatery Opens in Old Town – ALX Now